Enjoy the Holidays in your classroom with these fantastic activities!
Halloween Craft: black cat
Sticky dots make it simple for students to make the eyes on this adorable feline.
Materials for one cat:
- 2 black circles, one 6" and one 8"
- black construction paper scraps
- black pipe cleaner
- 2 green sticky dots
- orange yarn cut into short lengths
- yarn or ribbon bow
- masking tape
- black marker
- white crayon
- Fold the pipe cleaner in half and twist it to make a tail. Tape the ends of the pipe cleaner to the eight-inch circle. Place the circle taped-side down.
- Glue the six-inch circle to the eight-inch circle as shown.
- Cut two ears from black paper. Glue them in place.
- Put the two sticky dots on the head to make eyes. Draw black pupils.
- Glue the pom-pom to the head to make the nose. Glue lengths of orange yarn to the cat to make whiskers. Draw a mouth with the white crayon.
- Glue the bow below the head.
Unique Craft: cookies
Youngsters use oodles of creativity to make these creepy cookies! Place at a table a class supply of construction paper circles along with a variety of craft items, such as pom-poms, tissue paper squares, crayons, and construction paper scraps. Also place scissors and glue nearby. To make this project, decorate a circle cutout as desired to make a one-of-a-kind cookie. Then write or dictate the cookie's unique recipe while it is being written on a large index card. Display the cookies and cards on a bulletin board titled "Creepy Cookies."