Here are my favorite Mailbox.com activities for the little ones this week.
Fall Craft: pumpkins
Celebrate fall with these adorable jack-o'-lanterns.To simplify the hand tracing required for this project, have students ask their classmates to help them trace their hands.
Materials for one pal:
- 9" x 12" black paper
- 9" x 12" white paper
- two 2" x 12" purple paper strips (legs)
- 2" x 3" green paper strip (stem)
- 9" paper plate
- orange paint
- Paint the plate orange and set it aside to dry.
- Trace your feet (with your shoes on) on the black paper and cut the tracings out. Glue each shoe cutout to one end of a paper strip leg.
- Cut two eyes, a nose, and a mouth from the leftover black paper.
- Trace your hands on the white paper and cut the tracings out.
- Assemble the pal by gluing the legs, hands, facial features, and stem to the plate as shown.
Seasonal Craft: bat
Set a spooky scene with this winged wonder! Staple shut one end of a toilet paper tube. Paint the tube black and set it aside to dry. Use a white crayon to trace the wings from the pattern (see print link) onto black construction paper. Then cut out the wings and glue them to the tube's back as shown. Attach construction paper fangs and ears and two wiggle eyes. Thread a length of fishing line through two punched holes for hanging.Print
Thanks for stopping by.