I thought this was way awesome!
Cool Apple Coasters
- 1 clear plastic yogurt lid
- green construction paper
- red yarn
- Squeeze a shallow pool of glue into the lid.
- Press the yarn into the glue to create a spiral pattern.
- Cut out green leaves and a stem; then glue the cutouts onto the apple. Allow the glue to dry.
- To use, turn the coaster upside down (yarn side down) and set a drink on the coaster.
- Use a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol to remove the date on the yogurt lid.
- Laminate the green paper for durability. This also makes it easy for children to cut out shapes from the paper.
- Use these coasters for cold drinks only!
- If desired, attach magnetic tape to each apple to create a decorative magnet.
Fall Craft: acorns
Jazz up a fall window display with an assortment of these interesting acorns!
Materials for one:
- 2 identical large brown construction paper acorns
- resealable sandwich bag
- 1 tbsp. clear hair gel
With the acorn shapes together, cut out the middle of both so that the openings are smaller than the size of the sandwich bag.
- Put glitter, sequins, and hair gel in the sandwich bag. (Remove the air and seal the bag.)
- Press and gently squeeze the bag to distribute the contents.
- Position the bag over the opening of one of the acorns and tape down the edges.
- Glue the remaining acorn atop the first.
- Decorate the acorn cap as desired.
- Glue the cap to the acorn.