Unique Craft: painting-Mailbox.com
The possibilities are endless with this circle-inspired painting activity!
- cardboard tubes
- tempera paint in various colors
- 9" x 12" white construction paper
- Dip the end of a cardboard tube in paint.
- Make circle prints on white paper. Allow time for the paint to dry.
- Add details with markers to complete a picture.
Craft Stick Puzzle Art
Materials (per child):
- 15 craft sticks
- masking tape
- markers or crayons
- 1 resealable plastic sandwich bag
- Align the craft sticks side by side on a flat surface.
- Place two strips of masking tape across the width of the combined sticks to secure them.
- Carefully turn over the connected craft sticks.
- Use markers or crayons to illustrate a back-to-school scene on the sticks.
- Remove the tape.
- Scramble the pieces; then reassemble them to recreate the artwork.
- Store the pieces in the bag between uses.
Curriculum Connection: Social Studies
Promote interaction and social skills with this partner activity. Pair youngsters and ask them to solve one another's puzzles. Then, in a shared effort, let them try combining portions of both puzzles to create a unique scene.