Here are your Thursday Activities
Colorful Craft: bracelets
This project results in an armful of decorative bracelets for any season.
- small colored envelope
- markers or crayons
- Seal the envelope.
- Draw designs on the front and back of the envelope.
- Position the envelope horizontally. Cut the envelope, from the bottom to the top, into vertical strips.
Art Activity: T-shirts
This craft is a perfect fit for youngsters of all ages.
- construction paper T-shirt (See print link for pattern.)
- spray bottle of water
- water-based markers
- Use markers to color the shirt.
- Spritz the shirt with water. Let the cutout dry.
- Use a marker to write your name across the front of the shirt.
Thanksgiving Craft: placemat
Have your children create these easy Thanksgiving placemats, inspired by Native American designs, for use during home or school harvest celebrations. To begin, break off prongs from several plastic forks, leaving three prongs on each fork. Dip the forks in fall-colored paint and then press them, in turn, on a 12" x 18" piece of construction paper. Continue this process, using various fall colors until desirable patterns have been created. Once the paint has dried, laminate the paper. Then punch holes along each end of the paper and thread loops of yarn through the holes to create colorful fringe.