Fall Craft: corn
There's nothing corny about this decorative corn-on-the-cob craft!
- 2 brown paper lunch bags
- 1/2" squares of colored construction paper
- Crumple the newspaper and stuff it into each bag until the bag is about two-thirds full.
- Squeeze each bag to mold it into a corncob shape.
- Tie each bag securely with string about one-third of the way from the opening.
- Gently tear the unstuffed end of the bag into strips.
- Glue the squares in rows on the smoothest side of each corncob.
- Tie the corncobs together with the ribbon.
Paper Craft: tearing
The tearing process in this project results in a grand view of mountains and valleys!
- 12" x 18" blue construction paper
- 10" x 18" white construction paper
- 8" x 18" green construction paper
- cotton balls
- Tear a long side of the white paper.
- Place the white paper atop the blue paper and align the straight edges. Glue the paper in place.
- Tear a long side of the green paper.
- Place the green paper atop the white paper and align the straight edges. Glue the paper in place.
- Pull apart the cotton balls and glue them to the blue paper to resemble clouds.
Weaving Craft: basket
This basketmaking craft is a bushel of fun!
- large paper plate
- brown construction paper strips
- 2" x 18" brown construction paper handle
- shallow pan of brown tempera paint
- small sponge
- craft knife (for teacher use)
Use the craft knife to cut parallel slits in the middle of the paper plate.
- Sponge-paint the paper plate. Let the paint dry.
- Weave strips through the slits.
- Trim any excess paper and glue the ends of each strip in place. (Staple the handle to the plate to make a basket.)