Invite each youngster to make one of these tasty-looking treats in honor of his birthday.
Materials for one cupcake:
- mixture of equal parts shaving cream and glue (icing)
- 4" x 6" paper rectangle
- 9" x 12" construction paper
- small red paper circle (cherry)
- colorful paper scraps
- Trim the rectangle to resemble a cupcake liner and add desired details.
- Glue the liner onto the construction paper.
- Fingerpaint icing above the liner, as shown.
- While the icing is still wet, cut the paper scraps into small pieces and gently press the resulting sprinkles and the cherry into the icing.
Celebrate Presidents' Day with this adorable craft. To make this Abraham Lincoln likeness, paint a youngster's fingers black and her palm beige. Have her press her hand onto a sheet of white construction paper. Then use a paintbrush to fill in any gaps in the print. When the paint is dry, have her use a marker to add facial details to the print. Finally, trim around the print; then help her cut out and glue a paper top hat to the cutout.