It Works Opportunity

It Works Opportunity
Health and Wellness coming your way

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Saying Good-bye to the Pain




Get off the dock 


Today, I would like to climb in a boat and row and row until the pain goes away.  I don't like to dwell and feel that carrying around baggage that serves no purpose other then to torture yourself should be left by the dock.  And when amazing comes out of really bad, I know I must learn to move forward without constantly torturing myself.  I must remind myself that it is truly okay to just be happy and our life now is not what our life was before.

Photo by: http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/rowboat.html

Staying rooted in one spot dwelling stops you from moving forward. I have to untie the boat and move it away from the barrier in front of it.

http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/rowboat.html    

Looking beyond what is right in-front of you allows you to see the beauty beyond where I am.



9 comments:

  1. I like the photos of the canoes...interesting concept....wish it was as easy as leaving pain 'behind'! Perhaps it can be done for awhile, and then again, and a bit longer each try? Eventually one bids it goodbye eternally. Enjoy the end of June~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it is important to take it always day by day. Eventually you paddle out so far, the pain has subsided some.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I join with you and beside you to paddle away the pain and discover new horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I think if you paddle hard enough it distracts you from the emotional pain and opens you up to the physical pain of rowing a boat for along time on your own. Which turns into a feeling of accomplishment because you rowed so far on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully put, and I can so relate.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Austine,
    Beautifully written and illustrated. I am now following you. Smiles...Lu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following. I'm glad you like the post.

      Delete
  6. Cry a river, build a bridge, and then cross over. Leave the pain on the other side.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I will reply to your comment shortly.